Get ready for an action packed hands-on internship providing opportunities to acquire new skills, discover new interests, and develop servant leadership skills. You will grow spiritually, personally, relationally and professionally, and walk away more energized, trained and prepared for your future. There will also be many chances to build lifelong friendships and memories all while having fun at the same time!
Applications for the 2019 are closed.
All new applications will be considered for the 2020 summer season:
Adventure Leadership Internships
The R.O.C.K. Internship provides a learning environment that will train up future leaders in Christian camping ministry. Royal Ridges’ mission is to move one step closer to Christ by reaching the unsaved with the gospel of Jesus Christ through love and personal example.
Develop your future
As an intern, during the summer at Royal Ridges, you will be immersed in our biggest program: Summer Camp. The R.O.C.K. Internship is designed to challenge interns spiritually, professionally, and personally while gaining practical work and ministry experiences.
Build a portfolio of experience
During your time here, you will serve in multiple areas of the camp. This may be through behind-the-scenes work, interactions with campers and guests, mentoring relationships, or partnering with the community of Royal Ridges staff, as well as within the camps of your area of study.
Equine Interns: Resident Horse, Day Horse, Corral staff of Traditional Day Camp
Adventure Leadership Interns: Resident Adventure, Day Adventure, Paintball
Come to learn, leave empowered
Whatever area you are serving, all effort is made to teach, encourage, and empower you to allow Christ to live in and through you.
Our summer season runs fourteen weeks from May 20 through August 25. Housing, meals and a weekly stipend is provided.
An intern must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Equine Interns: be comfortable working around horses
- Adventure Leadership Interns: be comfortable with working up in the trees
- Serve for a minimum of 3 months
- First Aid and CPR certified (camp provides)
- Love Jesus and have a personal relationship with Him
- Commit to serving at camp according to your weekly assigned schedule
- A servant’s heart and flexibility are encouraged
- Attend training and staff meetings as requested
Intern Application Process
- Submit an Intern Application for consideration
- Seek three individuals to turn in reference forms for you
- Participate in a phone or in-person interview
- Provide a federal background check (US residents) or the equivalent (international residents).
Any questions, please contact the Intern Director or call 360-686-3737.
Coming soon... 12 month internships!